Alice in Borderland is one of the most wonderful thrilling shows available. The series is highly intriguing and interesting. The show will feel like a movie rather than a show. The story holds a great cast and detailed plotting. The show is streaming on Netflix.
Here are some of the facts that you need to know about the show:
1. Since launching on December 10, Alice in Borderland has been popular across Asia — making it to the Top 10 in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam
2. The series is an adaptation of Haro Aso’s hit comic of the same name.
3. Google searches for the manga series Alice in Borderland shot up globally around the time of its series adaptation release. People around the world also discovered and searched for the lead actors Kento Yamakazi and Tao Tsuchiya, who are both household names in Japan.
4. Aso based the lead character, Arisu, on himself. “I remembered how I was when I was around 20 years old and created Arisu based on my own indecisiveness.”
5. The scene in episode 1, featuring a deserted Shibuya Scramble Crossing (one of the busiest intersections in Tokyo), was not shot in Shibuya at all.
6. Originally, Arisu and his friends were to meet in front of a Starbucks in Shibuya
7. The scene of Arisu and his friends running from a crowded street into the public restroom in Shibuya Station, waiting, and then coming out to see an empty Shibuya is filmed in a single take that lasts longer than 4 minutes.
8. In the Shibuya scene, everything apart from the ticket gate, the public restroom, and the road was created with CGI.
9. The production of the tiger in Episode 5 was a truly global effort. It was supervised by Dutch animation director, Erik-Jan De Boer, who has previously won an Academy Award for creating the tiger in Life of Pi (2012).
10. To create the black panther in episode 4, the visual effects team had to visit the zoo to research the feel and movement of the animal and its fur.Watch Now