The Crown proved to be one of the most amazing and brilliant show. It got a massive amount of appreciation and appraisal from the viewers. The storyline, the dialogues, the screenplay were amazingly made. However, if you are a true fan of this show then apart from what has been shown in the show, there are still a few secrets that you must know.
Following are the 10 amazing and interesting secrets that you should know about The Crown.
1. PETER MORGAN WAS "SICK" OF THE QUEEN WHEN THE IDEA FOR THE CROWN CAME ABOUT.
2. THE CROWN WAS ORIGINALLY PITCHED AS A THREE-SEASON PROJECT.
3. PETER MORGAN DIDN’T THINK THERE WOULD BE A SHOW WITHOUT MATT SMITH AS PRINCE PHILIP.
4. FELICITY JONES WAS REPORTEDLY IN CONTENTION FOR THE ROLE OF THE QUEEN.
5. JOHN LITHGOW WAS NOT AN OBVIOUS CHOICE TO PLAY WINSTON CHURCHILL.
6. CLAIRE FOY WATCHED A LOT OF THE ROYALS’ HOME VIDEOS FOR RESEARCH.
7. AT ONE POINT, CLAIRE FOY WORRIED THAT AGREEING TO MAKE THE CROWN WAS THE WORST MISTAKE SHE HAD EVER MADE.
8. TOBIAS MENZIES WASN’T VERY INTERESTED IN ROYAL LIFE, OR PRINCE PHILIP.
9. HELENA BONHAM CARTER MET PRINCESS MARGARET ONCE—WHO COMMENTED ON HER ACTING ABILITIES.
10. THE QUEEN HERSELF IS RUMORED TO HAVE WATCHED THE CROWN—AND LIKED IT.